quarta-feira, 2 de abril de 2008

Amsterdam, Dreams & Company


In 5 days in this beautiful city that is Amsterdam, I felt as happy as I´ve never felt before. I higly recommend travelling if you´re feeling lost, incomplete, stagnate. It´s pure magic what it can do to you... how it can change you. Seeing new places, meeting new people, learning new cultures... couldn´t be any better!

I must add that during this trip, which was coming along almost perfectly, I saw two of my dreams coming true... which had never happened before in my life, in my last hours in Amsterdam.

I was getting kinda hopeless towards my dreams, thought they´d never come true. But finally, it happened. Guess if you keep struggling, you get there (and thrust me... sometimes it takes too long, but do never lose the hope).

What were those dreams, you might be wondering...

1) Watching Velvet Revolver in the front row, on the Slash´s side of the stage (which I did, in another country, in a venue I didn´t know, and just getting 1h before the show).
2) Meeting Slash and other members of the band (which coincidentally, they were right there, on the airport, on a departure gate in front of mine... can you believe it!? haha :D).

For you, this might be insignificant, maybe somehow foolish, but for me, making these two come true, in less then 8h, means everything in the world. It means I can do it. It means I can accomplish things. I know it represented a role in my life, it was one of the things I wanted to achieve and I did it. And I sure feel more complete now. And this sure came in the right timing, as I was feeling too lost and hopeless in this world (as you can see in my somewhat depressing posts below).

I was (and still am) dazed by happiness (that had been running away from me for so long), and I´m still kinda dizzy with all of this. Did it really happened? Was I lucky at least once (or shall I say twice) in my life? I sure was! And this time, there´s no room for depressing stuff, I must celebrate cos these sure were one of a life time events that ended up giving me the hope I needed to keep going. =)

----------------
Now playing: Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces
via FoxyTunes

3 comentários:

The Crow disse...

Congrats!! I'm very happy for you :D

P.S.: You also met Vader!!

Nati disse...

só te digo assim: perante certos momentos, há palavras que não são nada.

*

Inês_rocks! disse...

mas o slash acenou??

haha :D